Private Use of Club Facilities
We encourage all members to make use of the club and its facilities to the greatest extent possible. While the club calendar is fairly full with races, Jr. Sailing, family days and other events, there are many times when the club is quiet. At these times it can accommodate smallish events with your family or friends. To better manage private functions at the clubhouse, the Board of Governors has established the guidelines listed below. The intent of these is to create a welcoming venue for private events while insuring that no individual member ever feels uncomfortable or that they are intruding on someone else’s private affair should they decide to spend an afternoon or evening relaxing at LCYC.
Groups of fewer than 10 require no special reservation or permission. Gatherings or events of 10 or more (max 30) must be scheduled with the House Chair, are only permitted on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and require fees and insurance coverage, as spelled out on the Event Application. Use of the club for this type of event is restricted to one event at a time, with reservations booked on a first-come first-served basis. Once your request is complete and accepted, your event will appear on the calendar on the club website.
With these guidelines in mind, we can look forward to seeing many of you taking advantage of the great facilities we have for birthdays, reunions etc. right alongside the general membership.
Requests for scheduling of private events should be addressed to:
Tom Glynn, House Chair, 802-644-6373 firstname.lastname@example.org
To insure that your private event is safe, fun, and compatible with use of the club by the membership at large:
- Private events are events hosted by individual (or small groups of) LCYC members that are not open to the general club community.
- Maximum of 30 attendees (if event is a children’s party, 1 supervising adult per 5 children, total 30).
- If feasible, consider using the Sharpie Building porch for your event.
- Leave one grill and two picnic tables available for non-event use.
- Caterers may use the kitchen for incidental set up and clean up as long as it remains available for the membership to use.
- Events scheduled during hours when Jr. Sailing is in session will require coordination with Jr. Sailing.
- No bands, DJ’s etc.
- No inflatable play structures.
- No fireworks.
- Swimming is allowed only in the “beach” area or from the Junior Sailing docks. All swimming by children must be supervised by an adult.
- No pets.
- Club stewards have full-time responsibilities and are not are not to be relied on for set up or cleanup.
- At the conclusion of your event, return any furniture to its original location, clean up and dispose of any garbage in the appropriate dumpster in the south parking area. Do not leave any food or beverages in the refrigerator.